Share this page:
Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated on: 21.08.2013 - 09:15
CWLP means Cube World Launcher PLUS
What is Cube World Launcher PLUS?
CWLP is an improved Launcher for the game Cube World. It combines many useful things at one place and allows you to manage your Seeds, Server, Backups and more.
What are the system requirements?
To run CWLP you need at least:
- Windows 2000 or newer
- Pentium 120 MHz CPU
- 32 MB RAM
- Internet Explorer ActiveX control version 4.01 or higher
For Mod support Java must be installed.
Is CWLP free?
Yes, you can download the latest version here.
But if you like CWLP and use it regulary it would be nice to donate something. This will also remove all ads.
Can I modify CWLP?
No, it is not open source. Please don't modify it and use the official version.
How can I add Mods?
Just follow the numbered steps on the Mods tab.
1. Download a Mod
2. Click on "Add new Mod" and select the downloaded .zip or .cub/.wav/.png/.xml file.
Do this for every modded file you want to add.
3. Click on "Finish and Import" to move all modded files into the .db files.
4. Launch Cube World. :)
How can I create Mod packages with CWLP?
You can find a small guide how to create Mod packages here.
Why do Mods not work after I added them?
The most common reasons for Mods not working are:
- You don't have Java installed but it is necessary to decode and encode dataX.db files. Please download the latest version here.
- The dataX.db files may be modified or damaged. Please delete all data1, data2, data3 and data4 files in your Cube World folder and launch the original Picroma Launcher to re-download the latest unmodified versions. Then try it again.
If it is still not working try to enable "Debug Mode" (BETA 2.2 or higher) on the Mods Tab and post your Debug.txt in our support forums, please.
Why can't my friends join my game?
If you changed the port of your Server.exe make sure everyone who wants to join has the same port selected for their Cube.exe.
If you think everyone has the right port applied but it is still not working someone could have a modified .exe file where the port could not be applied properly. Please try the following steps:
- Everyone including you should try to redownload the original and unmodified Cube.exe and Server.exe. Just launch the original Picroma Launcher once and log in with your Picroma Account to download the latest unmodified file.
- Then launch CWLP and click on "Change Ports" to apply the port.
- Now hold down the ALT key while clicking on the "Launche Cube World" Button to force a backup of the downloaded original .exe files.
- The selected port should be applied to the selected files and allow others to connect to your server now.
How can I remove the ads?
Just donate something and you get a serial number to remove all ads. By making a donation you will help future development of CWLP. It does not matter how much you donate. If you don't have much, donate only a small amount.
Click on "Infos" in the menu in CWLP and then click on the yellow "Donate" button. A new window with a code (Hardware ID) will appear. Just copy it and paste it into the PayPal form. Then enter the amount you want to donate.
But keep it reasonable, please. PayPal is taking a percentage as fee. So a minimum of 1 $/€ would be nice. But less is possible.
My question is not answered!
If you still have questions how to use CWLP or any of its features just fill out the form below and we will try to answer you as soon as possible.
Note: This form is not meant for support requests if you get error messages or something does not work at all. Use our support forums for this kind of questions.